Do you have what it takes to be a top U.S. real estate investor?
If you’ve already heard about the U.S. housing recovery, you know time is running out to make your move in U.S. real estate. U.S. foreclosures are dwindling and investors are flocking.
Don’t let people fool you into thinking that you aren’t cut out for U.S. real estate investments though. I’ve worked in the industry for over a decade and have met some very successful people of different walks of life. I’ve learned some surprising similarities of top-performance U.S. real estate investors over the years.
Here are 7 surprising signs you might make an amazing U.S. real estate investor.
1) You’re easily bored: You have trouble focusing on mundane tasks – from routines to lectures, you enjoy a faster pace than most. Most of the richest people in the world left the classroom to earn dollars.
2) Reputation as a rebel: You know greatness is achieved outside the prescribed parameters of regulatory restrictions. Probably bullied in your youth, you know that authority can be misleading. Given the chance, you would enjoy nothing more than to defy laws of the physical world.
3) You have trouble relaxing: You tend to think of ideas whenever you are starting to relax, and then have trouble resting or even sleeping.
4) Slightly obsessive: Others see you as somewhat obsessive, but channeled this trait gives you the edge of pure unadulterated focus. Focus is deadly to would-be competitors and essential to success.
5) Always looking for improvements: You tend to be quick to notice how things might be improved with certain key changes.
6) You fear risk: You would strike out on your own, if only it weren’t so “risky”. Many people will try to convince you that a good job is less risky than entrepreneurship but the reality is, both have inherent risks. Of all the investments in the world, real estate is the most commonly associated with building wealth.
7) Fired from jobs: You have been fired from jobs due mainly to your independent streak and creative nature. You can’t be just a cog in the wheel, you need to have creative space.
If this sounds like you, you may just have a future career in the real estate industry. Trust me, I’ve dealt with all sorts from the bottom to the top and I can tell you now, those who are driven, eccentric and slightly different from most, truly achieve more.